Thursday, February 16, 2006

Lovely Distraction

I haven't blogged anything worthwhile for awhile, and I apologize. It's all her fault. I have taken a liking to an adorable girl down in bountiful and have been busy talking to her for hours on end on the phone, burning waffle cones at work daydreaming about her, and wishing class were over with so I could go home, take a nap, then wake up and wonder about her more. I'm really a mess. I should be more levelheaded about this whole thing, but it can be difficult when one is so smitten.

So I was talking with this lovely young lady this evening, and we discussed whether we were people who were more inclined to trust our minds or our feelings. I used to believe that I was someone who was more controled by what I felt than what I thought, but as we got talking, she said that every decision we make is really a combination of both heart and mind. I hadn't thought about it that way before, and I really liked it. She claimed that they must agree for a good decision to be made. What thinkest thou?

10 comments:

T.J. said...

There is a song by Modest Mouse called, Heart Cooks Brain. I considered ending my thought right there...but, I'll continue. Part(s) of the song goes as follows:

"My brain’s the burger
and my heart’s the coal."

"I’m trying to get my head clear.
I push things out through my mouth,
I get refilled through my ears..."

"In this place that I call home
My brain’s the cliff,
And my heart’s the bitter buffalo."

"[In] this life that we call home,
The years go fast
And the days go so slow."

T.J. said...

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

T.J. said...

Does this picture make me look kind of like Sloth from The Goonies?

Shane-o-roo said...

I think it does look like a goonie. Good times. I'm still not sure of your opinion on the subject. But thanks.

T.J. said...

...well, you know there was a time when buffalo were killed by the hundreds by herding them off of cliffs.
"My brain is the cliff,
and my heart is the bitter buffalo."
The more you analyze feelings, the less significant they are. That's what I think...

Amberae said...

I agree. Good decisions are based on what your heart wants and what makes the most sense in the end. I tend to force myself to "not feel" or "not love" because i think its better for me. When maybe what I should do is just relax and let be what may be... I love the end part of that song. "The years go fast and the days go slow"... perfect example of my life.

I don't know though... I don't think i understand life at all, i doubt I ever will. I guess I just wish I could be happy with what I have.

Amberae said...

...or don't have....

Amberae said...

Shane, she's beautiful. I liked her a lot. Do you think she'll want to come play more often?

Anonymous said...

Shane, you are whupped...it's been many days since you last wrote. Sometimes I think my heart tells me things that my brain can't quite fit together. That's when I just need to dig deep down in my soul and decide to follow my heart, because it's the right thing to do. my brain then yields to my heart, and it always works out.

Amberae said...

Good comment Jake... I did that too. Its useless to fight your feelings... just let it roll...

BAM!