Sunday, April 23, 2006

Today was the coolest-only warmer.


So today was rad. I got to sleep in, I still got up at a reasonable time, and I spent the day hanging out with the girl, reading, eating good food, and hangin out with good friends. Spring makes bad things good and good things better. I felt more alive today than I have in awhile. Spring seems to do that to me.
I got to play some ultimate frisbee today, and then go for a very short run. I was going to do part of the course with the girl today, but lemme tell you what-that Trina girl is insane quick-she took second in the Triathalon today, doing a 300yd swim, a 4 mile bike ride, and a two mile run in something like 37 minutes. And she says she's out of shape-what does that make me? Dead? I didn't even make it with her at her pace across campus before my body said, "Nice try," and I said to her, "I'm slowing you down-I'll see you at the finish." It was still a good time.
Anyway, what I meant to talk about was my ultimate day. It would be spent much like this one was. I think that if every day started out somewhat wintery and progressed to be as springlike as today was by the early afternoon, I would be so excited to get up every morning that I might never bother going to bed.
So this might be a really lame post that began with an intention to talk about spring, and ended up being an incoherent mess mostly involving me being out of shape, bragging about how the girl I'm dating isn't, and a random BMW photo. Sorry if you feel like you wasted some time. But enjoy the M3 picture. If a car like that can't make you smile, you need some serious therapy.

4 comments:

Amberae said...

its just good to see you posting again shaner. we've missed you!

Josh said...

Your right that car does make me happy. So does the warm fuzzy spring thing. Although your spring seems a little warmer and perhaps fuzzier than mine. Well maybe not fuzzier.

Anonymous said...

What a great day! What a sweet car! What an awesome girl! That was nice of you to make her feel tough, but I am sure you could have easily kept up with her just fine... The Shaner is one tough man!

Kelli said...

I got a new blog because mine went crazy, just thought I'd let you know. It's http://kel-lovinlife2.blogspot.com/