Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Writing and driving-why they are both great.

T.J.-thanks for the shout out. This one's for you, man.

So I should be working on a powerpoint presentation I have to have done by friday, but I'm not. I'd rather write. I like writing. It's like driving. Only much cheaper, and in some ways (given my current automobile) more therapudic. Okay, maybe it's not like driving at all. But I really like driving and writing. They both stir something deep inside me. They are different though. Writing has the ability (with the proper audience) to dust off things long forgotten in the dirty corners of my world-weary brain. I like that. It's like a really deep massage. It can take some work, but it sure feels good afterwards. Driving on the other hand, gives me some sort of an outlet. It's a great way to feel good about connecting with a machine and nature all at the same time. The car follows you and the road which follows the curve of a mountain. And it's all connected. Deep into a corner, many parts of all of those elements are against each other and yet working together. It's beautiful to me.

Anyway, this may be the longest post I've written since....last time a wrote this long of a post. But seriously, it's almost pretty long. And it's been pretty long. And it's ugly late. So goodnight, and good luck.

6 comments:

T.J. said...

The Shaner! You're posting again. Wonderful. Just wonderful. Where you living? How you living? What's the deal with your wheels? How's school? Who've you been dating? How's the ward?

Maybe we should talk.

Shane-o-roo said...

I feel good about talking. Hopefully your chica will allow you to converse conmigo during the day on Saturday...that is if my little brain remembers...anyways-love you man, and I'll talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Shane! You are one great writer! Thats probably why you like it. As for driving...well, you get a little crazy, but its fun.

Anonymous said...

Shaner,
Thanks for posting...it gives me something to read when my mind hurts from studying too much. I hope the hoop-jumping is going ok for now.
-Camille
P.S. - A lifetime supply of Go Lean is only $3.49 at Lee's. Yes my friend, it's only one box.

Kelli said...

Shane, I don't think I've ever commented on your blog, but I enjoy reading it. Believe it or not, I do read it. You're an awesome guy. I hope you're having a good break!

Anonymous said...

Shaner! Give us some more of your wisdom! You haven't written in ages you smart English Writing person you! Writing and driving... lets read more of it!