Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The University Run-Around

So today was super productive. I called yesterday up to the Man-aka the University-to make an appointment with my advisor. I thought it would help me figure out which classes to take and get a better handle on things. So I left work in time to get up there, waited paitiently for them to finish a meeting, and went in to talk to her.

I came away more frustrated than ever. I'll quote one of her helpful sentences for you-this is for real a direct quote-"Well, I can't tell you which classes you should take." What?!?! Then who can, honey? Isn't that her job? She also informed me that although she could advise me about certain areas of the business program, she couldn't help me with a marketing minor. She gave me a little pink card with her signature on it so that I could actually get in the office and talk to the people I originally called. Genius. It looks like a prescription. I really might be sick, so I guess it makes perfect sense.

So that's that. I am seriously considering changing universities after this whole ordeal is over. My sister is moving away from the valley for good, my family is getting older and my folks need my help more than ever. There are better jobs in Salt Lake, I always end up dating girls down there, and my project truck is down there.

I know what you are thinking, and I read your mind. I thought it was about time for a good BMW photo. This is a real winner. It's a good hind-end shot of the new Z4 M. Wow. Nothing like some twisted steel with curvy appeal to restore my ambition. Enjoy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This definitely calls for putting in a word for the University of Utah. It is by far the best University! What would be even sweeter is if you could drive that BMW to attend the U!

Amelia Chesley said...

what about the english major, shaner?
i'm telling you, it's the greatest possible major in the world.
look at me: i got a fabulous job out of it.

good luck with stuff.

Josh said...

Shane I don't know if you are aware but I happen to have a degree in Marketing and the little piece of paper that they gave me said that I now know what there is to know about marketing, it's a pretty big deal I know.

Just tell the people at the school that you will learn from me what you need to know to get a minor and they'll be cool with it.

Amberae said...

shane. don't move.

that's what you always tell me.

Shane-o-roo said...

You guys all have great advice. Thanks a million. I am not moving for now, nor will I quite studying business simply for that blankety blank calculus class. All good advice though. I'll have to come over to get my minor, Josh.