Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The heat is on

Or maybe that was the air conditioning....

I'm sure glad it's summer. It's warm at night which can make sleeping difficult, but it's worth it. The heat is like the mosquitos-sure, they're a pain, but they remind me it's summer. It's like shoveling snow. It's a good time and all, but you get sick of it. But right when I get sick of shoveling snow, I usually jump in the Suby and head for the church parking lot with a twinkle in my eye and a twitch in the arm that pulls the e-brake.

So I guess I'm saying that a good way to remain happy is when you notice something undesirable, simply think of something positive that comes from the same circumstances. Here's some other examples:

Broken leg=No work for awhile
Sickness=More time to talk on the phone to your cronies
Car accident=gratitute for insurance
Breakup=Opportunity for growth
Getting Fired=Pick a job I actually enjoy

Anyway, just try and accentuate the positive.

2 comments:

Amberae said...

that car accident=insurance stuff has really paid off for me. haha...

i'd rather have not gotten in the wrecks though, but i'll be continually thankful for the blessings that have come from it. my entire life.

Anonymous said...

Well said!